Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sammy Sunday

Today it's all about me! I get to tell you how I came to live with Mama.

Mama had a kitty for 17 years & he went to the Rainbow bridge in 1998. The man in Mama's life at the time told her "no more pets". He said it was too hard to say goodbye & he couldn't do it again.
Fast forward to 2002: Mama married my "Daddy" & he got her a Betta fish for a pet. Now Mama was really lonely without a kitty, so she talked to the fishie like he was her baby. A friend of theirs told "Daddy" that he needed to buck up & let Mama have a cat "for goodness sakes"!
So, Mama saw in the paper that the Humane Society was having a special adoption program for kitties & talked "Daddy" into going. She really wanted a little kitten, but my brother & I were the youngest there, at 4 months old. Mama came over to the cage we were in & started petting my brother, Sosa, on the head. I was afraid that she was gonna pick him so I went over & knocked him out of the way!
She looked at "Daddy" & laughed, she told him that she had just been chosen by me. The nice ladies from the Humane Society got me out of the cage & handed me to Mama.......I gave her lots of headbutts & powerful purrs, she just couldn't resist me.
When they told her what they named me, she almost started leaking from her eyes. The kitty Mama had for 17 years, his name was Sam. She also had lost a woofie a few years before Sam went to the bridge, his name was Blackie. Mama said it was meant to be for me to come live with her because I was a black cat named Sammy, that Blackie & Sam didn't want her to be lonely & sent her to find me.
I think she's probably right & when it comes my time to go to the Bridge, I'm gonna thank them for sharing Mama with me!

4 comments:

Parker said...

Sammy, that is a wonderful story - you were meant to be!

Chancy, Jake, Babe and Ernies Voice said...

Sam, that was a beautiful touching story. We love stories like this.
We are so happy you found each other.

HUGS~ The Ernie's Voice Gang

Motor Home Cats said...

That is a wonderful gotcha story.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Tesla and Hansel said...

iz true we choose our beans! iz true!

i hope yoo dunna notice i added yoo to meh blog roll!