Saturday, October 24, 2009

Update on Stray Kitty

Mama Rhonda here, first I want to thank you for your advice & caring words. I just can't tell you how much they mean to me. Second, Stray Kitty a/k/a Smokey Joe is in the house. We actually had a nice day here, so I sat outside with him while he ate. I took the flea comb out so I could make sure he didn't have fleas. I combed him while he ate & he just purred so loud! Good news, no fleas!! He let me pick him up & love all over him & even comb his belly. That's when I noticed he was a he...hence Smokey Joe.

I have him shut in the bathroom right now...he's not too thrilled with that & neither are the other cats. I held open the door after he ate & he just walked right in. I knew Sammy would be nice, he never growls or hisses. Fes wasn't as bad as I figured he would be, but there was a bit of hissing & growling from him. Smokey Joe was actually worse than Festus! The biggest surprise though was Emma, she is the worst about all that. She still hisses & growls at Fes if he gets too close to her. She never made a sound, they just sniffed each other & that was it! I was more worried about stressing her & she just takes it all in stride.

I have to call a new vet Monday as our vet passed away last week. I'm going to see if he will scan Smokey Joe for a microchip & examine him if I can make payments. I would appreciate all the help I could get as I'm not sure when I will start my job & I'll get paid once a month when I do. Thank you all so much, I just couldn't stand the thought of him being outside with no way to defend himself.

6 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We are so glad Smokey Joe is inside. i hope you can find a new vet that will accept payments. What is up with the job?

Zoe and Indy said...

Thanks so much for helping this guy. Outside alone is no place for a cat. That is so sad he's declawed. He must be so happy you helped him.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I am so glad you helped him and I am sure they will all settle down soon. Do you have a button for the vet help.. Hugs GJ xx

Daisy said...

You are so kind to look out for Smokey Joe.

My Littel Island said...

Dont worry it will work out i am goin thru the same thin Baby was drop on my doorstep Thanks for the Kind word about my blog But the baby is not mine she belongs to friend

Teddy Westlife said...

It is very nice of you to look out for Smokey Joe. Hopefully you can find his home, or find him a good new home.